BluesEd Audition Information
Please note - Auditions for the 2018 season have now closed. Please check back Fall 2018 for information about our 2019 auditions. Thank you for your interest!
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STUDENT/PARENT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU SIGN UP TO AUDITION:
Auditions for the 2018 season will take place on March 11th for Omaha, and Feb 18th for Lincoln. You may try out for either city (but not both) regardless of where you live. Note, however, that all rehearsals, workshops and most performances will be specifically based in each city with the respective bands.
Pre-registration is required. Omaha auditions are still open through March 8, 2018 by emailing email@example.com. Lincoln-band auditions have closed. You will be contacted and given the location and your exact audition time prior to the audition. Specific information about auditions (what to bring, what to prepare etc.) can be found under "Additional Audition Information" at the bottom of this page. Thank you for your interest in BluesEd and Good Luck!
To participate in the BluesEd program students must be 12-18 years old and currently in middle or high school. In addition, students must:
- Be proficient with their instrument, which includes having a basic knowledge of chords and some soloing abilities. We cannot accept beginning students at this time.
- Have the ability to learn and memorize lyrics prior to workshops (ability to read music is not required).
- Have some basic knowledge of playing blues music.
- Have the time and desire to practice at home and be committed to all performances with their assigned band.
- Be willing to study songs by listening and charting the basic structure as homework for the workshops and general set lists.
- Have basic organizational skills (bringing their notebook, charting music, keeping track of the music, lyrics, charts, etc).
- Coming prepared to the workshop with all necessary equipment and arrive in time to have all equipment setup before the start time.
Parents Requirements (IMPORTANT - Don't Overlook!)
BluesEd is a non-profit program that relies heavily on parent volunteerism in order to keep costs down and to keep the quality and value of the program extremely high. Parents are required to participate by volunteering at events, performances, and fundraisers. Please consider this time commitment carefully prior to having your child audition. Further questions can be emailed to the program’s directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.